Required Books for LM Encounter Coaching CertificationBelow are the required books for LM Encounter Coaching Certification. The books for each individual course are as follows:
Your First CoursePurchase The Invitation for whichever core course you take first! It's a great introduction to the MetaFormation Heart model and transforming the heart through desire fulfilled.
Transforming the Heart
- Questions for Jesus teaches you how to pray your desire--by doing! 52 meditations and over 250 questions to ask Jesus, all in a devotional format.
- Optional: The Engaging the Heart Flipbook puts all the tools of Transforming the Heart in a handy, tabletop format that will help you get started coaching with them quickly.
Living from the Heart
- Heaven's Perspective shows you the power of rewriting your story from the viewpoint of heaven. Seventeen real-life God-stories, arranged around the Seven Frames tool that is at the heart of this workshop.
- The Calling Journey presents a model for how calling is developed over a lifetime--it puts the idea of process into finding and fulfilling your destiny.
- Optional: The Living from the Heart Flipbook gives you all the reframing tools from this workshop in a take-it-with-you format.
Coaching the Heart
Coaching Foundations Course
- Leadership Coaching plus Leadership Coaching Live! (CD set) are the perfect introduction to the coaching fundamentals. In-depth and practical, with each skill demonstrated in live demos.
- Coaching Questions is the best-selling guide to asking, featuring over 1000 powerful coaching questions arranged by asking tool.
Get your coaching certification through LMI! We offer two programs: a Full Certification for those new to coaching and a Continuing Ed option for those who already have a coaching certificate. Here’s what's required for the Continuing Ed option:
- Complete three LMI core courses: Transforming the Heart, Living from the Heart and Coaching the Heart (taken in any order).
- Pass a quiz after each course.
- Do the oral final exam (taped appointment review).
- Read the required books.
The full certification program has all the above plus the following:
- The 12-week Foundations in Coaching tele-course to ground you in traditional coaching techniques like listening, asking, and action-planning.
- Pass a quiz after the course.
For information on certification cost and details about requirements and what you get, visit our certification page.