Coach22 Video Review
Peer Coaching Facilitator's Packageby Tony Stoltzfus
Includes 3 Books, a 2-disc DVD set and Promotional Materials
Peer Coach Training can help you experience the power of authentic, growth-centered peer relationships in your church, small group or team. Or, it can be the perfect way to offer beginning training in Christian coaching skills. This Facilitator's Package includes everything a leader needs to offer Peer Coach Training in his or her group. The following materials are included in this bundle:
- The Peer Coaching Facilitator’s Guide is the leader’s handbook for offering the course. It includes checklists and promotional materials for launching the course, as well as a plethora of follow-up materials. The guide makes it easy to offer the training: everything you need to reference during each group session is laid out on one four-page spread (click here to see a sample session outline).
- The book Leadership Coaching provides a wealth of background information on the coaching concepts presented in the training. Each debriefing question is keyed to the exact pages in the book where that concept is discussed, to make it easy for you to be well prepared. Click here to read a sample chapter.
- The Peer Coaching DVD Set includes several brief teaching and demonstration segments for each week. This is not a program where people sit all evening and listen to a talking head! You’ll get to watch actual peer coaching demonstrations, discuss them, and then try the techniques out on your own peer partner.
- A copy of the Peer Coaching Workbook includes handouts for the teachings and demos, peer exercises, debriefing questions, and other resources for developing the peer relationships. (Click here to view a sample).
- Ten Peer Coaching Brochures are also provided for recruiting people for the training. Click here to see the matching e-brochure.
Training FormatsPeer Coach Training includes an orientation plus eight 60- to 75-minute sessions. You have several choices for format. The preferred method is a nine-week class (eight sessions plus the orientation). If you want to get started with a bang, a schedule is provided for doing the training as a half-day workshop plus five weekly sessions. These materials can also be used to offer basic coach training only, without the peer relationship component – a great option for training small group or cell coaches. Your people can learn coaching skills from a master coach trainer without the expense of bringing in an outside facilitator.
Building a Peer Coaching SystemThe Peer Coaching Facilitator’s Guide includes a whole section of follow-up resources to help you maintain your peer relationships after the training is over. If you are committed to peer accountability, the exercises for reinforcing the peer coaching vision, periodic refocusing and recommitment ceremonies, sharing growth testimonies and for incorporating new members will help you build a lasting peer coaching system. The guide also offers instructions for multiplying groups from pairs to triads and back to pairs again. It’s a great way to bring newcomers into significant relationships quickly – and that’s the most effective way to turn visitors into members. The special Peer Coaching Independent Study Package (including two Workbooks and the Peer Coaching DVD Set) can also be used you bring new people on board: it allows two individuals go through the course on their own. $99.99 $79.99 On Sale! You Save 79.99 99.99
- Video Review
- Author Bio
- Reader Feedback
About the Author
“The greatest revelation to me was that accountability was rooted in what I want to do, not what the other person wanted me to do… That whole idea of ownership was very powerful.”
“I got nothing but positive feedback: comments like, ‘This is the thing I’ve been looking for,’ or, ‘This has changed how I deal with people,’ or, ‘I’m a listener now where I didn’t know how to really listen before.’ They got more out of the first night of this than the whole month of [the last program we did].” Small Group Leader
“The material is dynamite. There’s no question about that – the material is unique and this is a home run.” Ministry Team Leader
“The people who went through this were… a handpicked group of the pastor’s core people. This course demonstrated that even though they knew each other and were working closely together, they weren’t holding each other accountable for anything specific…” Coach