Coach22 Video Review
Peer Coaching Small Group Packageby Tony Stoltzfus
Everything you need to take a small group or team through Peer Coaching Training!
Peer Coaching is a great approach to equipping members of a team to help each other grow. Each team member ends up with a personal growth goal they've chosen to work toward, weekly action steps that keep things moving forward, and an accountability partner to cheer them on along the way. The coaching approach is highly accessible for lay people (you don't have to know all the answers) and it provides some great safeguards that keep people from being controlling or overbearing (its not the coach's job to tell you what to do!)
The course is made up of nine class sessions. Each session begins with a brief explanation of that week's coaching skill, followed by an engaging live demo (both from the DVD). Next, a debriefing time led by the facilitator allows participants to discuss what they saw. Finally, they have an opportunity to practice that coaching skill with their peer. By the end of the course, everyone in your group should be meeting regularly with a peer partner outside of the group sessions to support and encourage each other in their Christian growth. That's the long-term objective: that the Peer Coaching course gets peer partners started on a journey together that lasts long after the class is over.
The Small Group Package includes everything required to offer Peer Coach Training to a small group or team of 10 people (for larger groups, simply purchase more Workbooks separately). The following materials are included in this bundle:
- The Peer Coaching Facilitator’s Guide includes checklists and promotional materials for launching the course, outlines to follow for each group session, and follow-up materials to keep your peer partners going (click here to see a sample session outline).
- The book Leadership Coaching gives the course facilitator in-depth background information on the coaching skills for each session. Each debriefing question is keyed to the exact pages in the book where that concept is discussed, to make it easy for you to be well prepared. Click to read a sample chapter fromt he book.
- The Peer Coaching DVD Set includes two discs-worth of himgh-impact video. But this is not a program where people sit all evening and listen to a talking head! You’ll watch actual peer coaching demos, discuss what you saw, and then try those skills out on each other every week.
- 10 copies of the Peer Coach Training Workbook. The workbook features handouts for each class session, peer exercises, debriefing questions, and other resources for developing the peer relationships. (Click here to view a sample).
- Ten Peer Coaching Brochures for recruiting people for the training. Click here to view the brochure.
Training FormatsPeer Coach Training includes an orientation plus eight 60- to 75-minute sessions. You have several choices for format. The preferred method is a nine-week class (eight sessions plus the orientation). If you want to get started with a bang, a schedule is provided for doing the training as a half-day workshop plus five weekly sessions. These materials can also be used to offer basic coach training only, without the peer relationship component -– a great option for training small group or cell coaches. Your people can learn coaching skills from a master coach trainer without the expense of bringing in an outside facilitator.
Building a Peer Coaching SystemThe Peer Coaching Facilitator’s Guide includes a whole section of follow-up resources to help you maintain your peer relationships after the training is over. If you are committed to peer accountability, the exercises for reinforcing the peer coaching vision, periodic refocusing and recommitment ceremonies, sharing growth testimonies and for incorporating new members will help you build a lasting peer coaching system. The guide also offers instructions for multiplying groups from pairs to triads and back to pairs again. It’s a great way to bring newcomers into significant relationships quickly – and that’s the most effective way to turn visitors into members. The special Peer Coaching Independent Study Package (including two Workbooks and the Peer Coaching DVD Set) can also be used you bring new people on board: it allows two individuals go through the course on their own.
$198.00 $118.00 On Sale! You Save 118.00 198.00
- Video Review
- Table of Contents
- Author Bio
- Reader Feedback
Table of Contents
- 1: Growing Toward Your Destiny
- 2: The Coaching Approach
- 3: Building Authentic Relationships
- 4: The Covenant Life
- 5: Change Goals
- 6: Taking Action
- 7: Coaching Your Peer
- 8: Energy for Change
About the Author
“The greatest revelation to me was that accountability was rooted in what I want to do, not what the other person wanted me to do… That whole idea of ownership was very powerful.”
“I got nothing but positive feedback: comments like, ‘This is the thing I’ve been looking for,’ or, ‘This has changed how I deal with people,’ or, ‘I’m a listener now where I didn’t know how to really listen before.’ They got more out of the first night of this than the whole month of [the last program we did].” Small Group Leader
“The material is dynamite. There’s no question about that – the material is unique and this is a home run.” Ministry Team Leader
“The people who went through this were… a handpicked group of the pastor’s core people. This course demonstrated that even though they knew each other and were working closely together, they weren’t holding each other accountable for anything specific…” Coach