Watch a Video Review
Build authenticity and provide a concrete, accountable growth strategy for your group with this special bundle that's perfect for small groups, cell groups or teams. This Small Group Package includes everything you need to offer Peer Coach Training to a group of 10 or more people:
- One copy of the Peer Coach Training Facilitator's Guide
- The classic how-to-coach book, Leadership Coaching
- Ten copies of the Peer Coach Training Workbook (one for each participant)
- Digital promotional brochure
Each of the nine course sessions features a short teaching segment plus a live demo of a coaching skill from the DVD, a debriefing time led by the course facilitator (you), and an application exercise where group members practice that week’s coaching skill with each other. By the end of the course, everyone in your group will be meeting regularly with a peer coach to support and encourage each other in their Christian growth.
Why Small Group Coaching Systems Fail
I had another conversation the other day with a church whose small group coaching system wasn't working. Over the last few years I've been to a lot of churches who are going down this road, or tried to go down it and are starting over. The problems have become so predictable that I couldn't restrain myself from going into telling mode. "Let me guess," I offered. "The coaches haven't received any coach training, so they are frustrated and don't know what to do; and the small group leaders don't want to be coached because they don't want to be spied on."
"Yeah, that's pretty much it."
In my experience, these are two of the biggest failure points for small group coaching systems. Generally what happens is the church (or a leader in it) gets excited about coaching and dives rapidly into instituting a coaching system. Often existing overseers or successful group leaders are simply renamed "coaches". There is rarely a formal training program or coaching qualification required of coaches, and I have yet to find a church that screens people in any way for coaching aptitude. Generally, the ones chosen are available, faithful members who have successfully led a small group...
50 minutes audio + handouts
Watch a Video Review
Read an In-Depth Review
Listen to a Sample
In this Christian coach training audio CD, coach trainer Tony Stoltzfus shows how to build authentic coaching relationships with those you coach (and with everyone else you meet!) Starting with the idea that an authentic relationship is only one conversation away, Tony shows how to use stories to go deep quickly. The disc covers the two fundamental paradigms of authenticity, four principles of authentic story-telling, different types of life stories you can use while coaching, authenticity exercises and more. It's a great way to build relationship coaching skills during your "drive time" in the car. The teachings provide training in core skills in enhanced CD format. To access those just put the CD into your computer!
***50% off January SALE***
"Few books have had as great an impact on the cause of world evangelization in our generation as this book, wrote Billy Graham."
The Master Plan of Evangelism is a classic book (over 2 million copies sold) on how Jesus recruited, trained and unleashed his disciples to further his master plan for bringing in the Kingdom. Coleman identifies eight key principles Jesus used (Selection, Association, Consecration, Impartation, Demonstration, Delegation, Supervision and Reproduction) to build leaders who would carry on his work.
The Small Group Coach's Library is perfect for both small group coaches and pastors who oversee small group systems, providing the key resources you need to get started or build your coaching skills. The bundle includes these five must-have resources:
- Coaching Life Changing Small Group Leaders from Willow Creek provides invaluable tips on setting up your coaching system and applying coaching skills to the unique small group coaching arena.
- A Pocket Guide to Coaching Small Groups focuses on how to build strong, effective relationships with the leaders you're coaching.
- Leadership Coaching is the best how-to-coach guide available, with a wealth of practical tools and techniques as well as a picture of the values behind coaching.
- The Powerful Questions: Problem Solving audio CD lets you listen in as a master coaches shows you how to help people develop solutions without telling them what to do.
- How to Ask Great Questions is a wonderfully practical guide to honing your asking skills as well as learning discussion-leading and facilitation skills.
These five essential titles will get you off and running as a small group coach!